The PCLS commissioning clinic is an ‘in-and-out’ servicce, where files are opened and closed in one day. It is a pay-what-you-can service offered to Parkdale community members with an annual household income under $45,000 a year. We require your address and income information in order to determine whether we can provide service.
What Services Do We Provide?
- We write and commission statutory declarations and affidavits. Some common examples include:
- Statutory declaration in lieu of a Police Clearance Certificate for permanent residence and citizenship applications
- Affidavit for annual income and assets review
- Statutory declaration in lieu of guarantor for passport and travel document
- Permission to travel
- We also make certified true copies.
Note: We DO NOT notarize. If you require notary services, we can provide you with a referral.
What to Bring With You
When you come to the commissioning clinic, be sure to bring ID with you. You will also have to provide additional documents and identification with you, depending on what you would like commissioned. Some examples include:
- Proof of immigration status (ie refugee, permanent residence or citizenship)
- Birth certificate
- Proof of income
What to Expect
Our commissioning clinic is very busy and wait times can be over one hour. You will meet with a law school student who will prepare your documents. Your document will be reviewed and commissioned by an articling student.
If you have accessibility needs or another restriction that impacts your ability to wait during the commissioning clinic hours, you can call ahead of time. In some exceptional circumstances we will make an appointment to see you.
Restrictions on Services
If your annual income is above a certain threshold we may not be able to see you.
The commissioning clinic does not provide legal advice.
We cannot commission in matters related to:
- Property and banks
- Family, custody and divorce
- Wills, trusts and estates
- Documents that require legal advice
If you are unsure of whether we can commission your document, we encourage you to call in advance.