PCLS is a community legal clinic and a teaching clinic. We provide legal and other services, free of charge, to low income individuals in our community.
We may provide help with swearing documents and affidavits.
What to Expect When I Come to the Clinic?
- You may have to wait to meet with someone.
- You will meet with a law student. Law students are supervised by a lawyer and a community legal worker.
- We have interpretation and translation services in your language of choice.
- You will be treated with respect.
- Please ask for any disability or other accommodation needs. We have a community accessibility policy.
- All information that you share is kept confidential. You may have to fill in a form and provide information about your issue and income.
- We will share with you ways to get involved with community organizing, education and campaign work.
- If we are unable to help or work together, then we will provide legal information and try to provide you with meaningful referrals to other agencies that may be able to help.
- Please bring relevant documents.
- If you have any concerns, please let us know. We have a process for addressing concerns.