PCLS is a community legal clinic and a teaching clinic. We provide legal and other services, free of charge, to low income individuals in our community.
What to Expect When I Come to the Clinic?
- You will be treated with respect and we ask that you engage with us respectfully.
- We have interpretation and translation services in your language of choice.
- Please ask for any disability or other accommodation needs. We have a community accessibility policy.
- All information that you share is kept confidential.
- You may be asked to provide personal information including your income level. This information helps us to understand the issues you are facing and how we may be able to work together.
- You will speak with a law student. Law students are supervised by a lawyer and a community legal worker.
- We will share with you ways to get involved with community organizing, education and campaign work.
- If we are unable to help or work together, then we will provide legal information and try to provide you with meaningful referrals to other agencies that may be able to help.
- If you have any concerns, please let us know. We have a process for addressing concerns.